Additional support needs

Additional Support Needs jurisdiction The Additional Support Needs jurisdiction the ASN Tribunal hears references appeals from parents and young people against decisions of education authorities regarding the provision of educational support under the Education Additional Support for Learning Scotland Act the Act.

Additional support needs

Rate this Page

An additional support need comes from anything which is a barrier to learning. We have legal duties to help pupils with additional support needs. Children or young people may require additional support for a number or reasons.

Needs are identified on an individual basis and may arise from: Our service helps children and young people, who need extra support - both long and short term - to make the most of their school education and feel included in their learning.

We have no special schools but do offer an enhanced provision in all of our secondary and eight of our primary schools.

Online Bill Pay

We hope that children and young people, where possible, will participate in mainstream education. This helps us decide when more targeted support is needed.

Who will support you and your child: Key adult - who can be a key worker in early learning and child care centres, class teacher, subject or ASfL teacher in schools Named Person - who can be a health visitor for pre-school children, head teacher for primary school pupils, principal teacher Guidance or ASfL for secondary school pupils.

Lead professional — who is included when more than one agency is involved. It can be a head teacher, principal teacher or social worker. How we can help The help we provide for children and young people can come in the form of strategies, individual education programmes, extra support in the classroom or input from a specialist teacher or service.

Additional support needs

The type of support required will be based on the assessment and planning for meeting the learning needs of a child or young person We work closely with Central Support Services to provide your child with the best possible support.

When appropriate, multi-agency working with a range of partners, including NHS and third sector, will take place. Who to contact for help In the first instance, your child's school, named person or early learning and childcare centre will be able to provide help and support.

Independent advice and information Enquire offers independent, confidential advice and information on additional support for learning. They also provide a range of clear and easy to read guides for both parents and children.This survey is now closed as of 14 July Initial discussions with parents/carers and staff at Campsie View School and Merkland School.

This consultation is aimed to discuss the council's February decision and start discussions of main areas for consideration. Transport needs are determined as part of an additional needs assessment and can be recommended by Education and Youth Employment Managers, or Health and Social Care Partnership Managers..

How to apply. Discuss additional support needs with the Education and Youth Employment Managers, or Health and Social Care Partnership Managers. children. To achieve this goal, the Protocol for Early Childhood Transition to School for Children with Additional Support Needs should be initiated one year prior to school entry.

Beginning the process one year prior to school entry allows adequate time for gathering . Supporting disabled parents and parents with additional support needs NOVEMBER Supporting disabled parents and parents with additional support needs This knowledge review is about parents with physical and/or sensory impairments, learning difficulties, mental health problems, long-term illnesses such as HIV/AIDS, and drug or alcohol problems.

Additional needs Becoming a parent is a life-changing event with new routines to get used to and a whole new set of priorities. But when your child has additional needs, there’s an even greater adjustment to be made. ParentVUE and StudentVUE Access.

I am a parent >> I am a student >>.